1. Who is the data controller for the collection and processing of the User’s personal data?
The personal data collected through the Website are controlled by Church of Bright Light (3368 Walnut Grove Ave Rosemead, California 91770, US, EIN: 81-4024136), as owner of the Website.
2. What personal data do we collect on the User?
When you use the Feedback function and other online forms, or contact us via instant messaging services such as live chat, WhatsApp, or Messenger, we will collect any personal information that you share with us, such as your name and email address, that is necessary for providing you with the relevant service.
3. What are the purposes of processing the User's personal data?
We will process the User's data for the following purposes:
– Management of queries, questions and/or suggestions;
– Contacting fellow believers and others interested in Church of Bright Light to extend invitations and notifications for church activities and gatherings, and to provide spiritual support;
– Sending regular updates on our newest website content via email.
4. What is the legal basis for the processing of the User's personal data?
5. How long will we keep the User's personal data?
We will keep the personal data provided as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected, to respond to any requests made by the User, or while any Live Chat session is active, and as long as you do not withdraw your consent.
6. What third parties will the User's personal data be shared with?
The data will not be shared with any third parties except, where appropriate, competent authorities as needed to exercise their functions. Thus, the personal data collected through the Website may be shared with public entities, courts, or other administrative authorities, when we deem it necessary to comply with a legal obligation or to take legal action against a claim.
7. What rights do Users have when they provide us with their personal data?
The User has and may exercise the following rights in relation to the personal data provided to us:
– Right of access to his/her personal data to know which data are being processed and how they are being processed;
– Right to rectification of any inaccurate data;
– Right to erasure of his/her personal data, where possible;
– Right to request the restriction of the processing of his/her personal data where the accuracy of the data, or the legality or need to process them is in question, in which case we may store the User's data for the exercise of or defense against any legal claims;
– Right to data portability, in the case of processing carried out by automated means, to obtain personal data that he/she has provided to us (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) as well as to request that they be transmitted to another entity responsible for data processing, when this is technically possible;
– Right to withdraw his/her consent at any time;
– Right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if the User believes that data protection legislation has been breached in the processing of his/her personal data by Church of Bright Light. If the User is based in the European Union, he or she may visit this website for a list of the relevant local data protection authorities: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
Therefore, the User may exercise his/her legal rights with the data controller at any time; requests can be made by email addressed to email@example.com. The request must contain: his/her name and surname, photocopy of his/her national identity document (passport or other valid identification), a statement of his/her request, an address to be used for the purpose of notifications, the date, the User's signature and, when needed, supporting documents for the request he or she is making.
8. What third-party services does the Website use?
8.2 Instant messaging services
We may contact you through instant messaging services such as LINE, WhatsApp Business, Messenger, Viber and ManyChat. We recommend you read their privacy policies:
WhatsApp Business: https://www.whatsapp.com/legal/business-policy/?lang=en
Last updated: 2020-07-18